• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved No directory listing when connecting via FTP

edenweb

New Pleskian
Hi all
I am having issues listing directories when connecting via FTP. This only happened recently.

I can see that a connection has been established but I get a Time Out when trying to list the directory files.

This is across all sites on a single VPS so it must have been an update

I am running Plesk Obsidian 18.0.21 Update #5

Can anyone assist and with tips?

Many thanks

I have the same issue. I bought a server at (can I write here the provider?), VPS was installed, Plesk also. I check everything, Firewall. ports, etc but still be unable to connect. This means I cannot proced with the hosting plane (I need ask refund) and I'm unable to use Plesk.

I'm unable to understand how see FTP working in Plesk.

Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
Product
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.39 Update #2, last updated on Nov 19, 2021 08:18 PM

@IgorG In my case when I connect with FTP I need accept the certificate so connection seems working but after that is like cannot read directory and give the error directory listing not possible timeout. I'm sure there is no firewall issue as I contacted the hosting and port 21 is opened. On Plesk the Firewall was not installed, I try with Plesk Firewall and without and FTP still have the same issue also if Plesk show FTP is allowed in the Firewall.

I tried also to create other FTP account but same issue.
My license key never allow me to open a ticket so I hope to find some help here or understand how I can get hesk support about this.
I generated a report on Plesk but I'm not allowed to open a ticket.

Thanks, for now I paid a new server and want avoid to pay for a license only for resolve the FTP issue. I'm trying to understand if I'm able to resolve this issue for free. Plesk is not my actual control panel, I'm just trying a server with plesk on other hosting compny where I want transfer if I'm able to see things working on Plesk. Thanks anyway for this useful link.

Back