• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question no DNS answer on main domain

maennchen1

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi!
I am using Plesk 18.0.62 on Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS with some domains and Plesk as Primary DNS.
One of my domains got DNS Problems. No answer on main-domain, only subdomains.
No answer with main-domain:
Code:
dig @plesk.my-domain.de +short domain.de TXT
but subdomain gives an answer:
Code:
dig @plesk.my-domain.de +short sub.domain.de TXT
like:
Code:
"v=spf1 +a +mx -all"
But only this domain.
It's like, there is no entry. But everything looks like the same as other domains or the sub-domain.

What is wrong an how can I fix it?

Just to be sure, is DNS enabled for the domain? If it is enabled already try to run plesk repair dns -y to sync zones between Plesk database and DNS server to see if that fixes the issue.

Hi!
As I said, I am getting an answer on subdomain and all other domains. Only this one domain did not answer.
DNS is enabled.
The repair does not change anything. No errors after running and same error with dig.

Does plesk bin dns --info example.de | grep v=spf return an SPF record for the main domain?

Does plesk bin dns --info example.de | grep v=spf return an SPF record for the main domain?
Yes!
How have you configure the DNS for this (main) domain in the domain registrar?
What do you mean?
The domain ist configured like every other domain. I just need to declare the primary (my Plesk server) and some secondary DNS. As I said: subdomains from this problem-domain are working!

This could be useful, I've done another dig without "+short":
Code:
dig @plesk.domain.de defect-domain.de TXT

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> @plesk.domain.de defect-domain.de TXT
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 42443
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1
That error: status: SERVFAIL
There should be: status: NOERROR

Back