• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue No Domain Reachable when nginx enabled

mvstns

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hey guys, so i wanted to enable nginx for my server, i fought hard against nginx.
So i managed to install it finally, but everytime i enable nginx, all my domains become unreachable, plesk itself aswell.
I removed the /etc/nginx folder and all of its content before, uninstalled everything via apt delete... and over via plesk add/remove components site.
After all of this i reinstalled nginx proxy server via the plesk components tab, but its still not working.
When running plesk repair web -y all i get is:
Code:
Checking web server configuration. Please wait
    Reinstalling SSL/TLS certificates ............................... [OK]
    Applying the default SSL/TLS certificate to all IP addresses .... [OK]
    Repairing web server configuration for all domains. This aspect
    can be used with individual domains ("plesk repair web
    example.com"), and on the server level ("plesk repair web") ..... [2024-06-06 11:46:37.087] 4025163:6661a194d6484 ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng' '--reconfigure-all' '-skip-removing'] with exit code [1]
[FAILED]
    - httpdmng failed: Execution failed.
      Command: httpdmng
      Arguments: Array
      (
          [0] => --reconfigure-domains
          [1] =>

example.com,random.example.com,example.com,random.example.com,example.com,random.example.com,example.com,random.example.com,example.com

)

Details: [2024-06-06 11:46:37.056] 4027527:6661a19651b19 ERR
      [util_exec] proc_close() failed
      ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/nginx_control' '--restart'] with exit code
      [1]
      Can not reload proxy server:
    Repairing server-wide configuration parameters for web servers .. [2024-06-06 11:46:41.559] 4025163:6661a194d6484 ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng' '--reconfigure-server'] with exit code [1]
[FAILED]
    - httpdmng failed: [2024-06-06 11:46:41.542]
      4028703:6661a19d85bb7 ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed
      ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/nginx_control' '--restart'] with exit code
      [1]
      Can not reload proxy server:

I am clueless...

Further Information:
nginx service is running,
plesk sbin nginxmng -s is enabled

If you run repair in verbose mode plesk repair web -v -y there will be more details from repair process.

Wow, Plesk is constantly making its software worse, installing nginx for the Plesk panel without asking, making parts of it inaccessible - like in our case - and then you have to pay for support.

Since this morning, without having made any changes to the system yourself...

1717738689618.png
as soon as you try to add or remove Plesk software in the panel. Plesk "Updates" are also no longer possible.

And here:

Checking Plesk version
Installed Plesk version/build: 18.0.61 Ubuntu 20.04 1800240603.06
Checking Apache configuration ..................................... [OK]

Checking for custom configuration templates ......................... [OK]

Checking associations between domains and IP addresses .............. [OK]

Checking for corrupted reference between IP collections and
IPaddresses ......................................................... [OK]

Checking for links between APS applications and subscriptions ....... [OK]

Checking for nginx ULIMIT value

nginx is not installed

That's right but why this Errormessage above, from Nginx "not installed"?

@LTUser

I am not sure what exactly happens, but I think that the clue is presented in the message : Checking for nginx ULIMIT value

Nginx is rather versatile, works like a charm out-of-the-box and one should - normally - not run into any issue when using Plesk installers.

However, some things can go wrong...... and that can cause the issues that you encounter.

Let's start with the beginning : which Nginx instance do you have issues with ?

The Nginx instance that Plesk Panel is running on? (read: is the 504 related to Plesk Panel?)

The Nginx instance that functions as a proxy in front of Apache web server? (read: Nginx as a proxy - in this case, issues can also be caused by Apache)

The Nginx instance that functions as a stand-alone web server? (read: if you use this function, then convert to Nginx as a proxy anyway).

Just give a bit more information!

Any output can be excellent input that we can work with.

Also, tell a bit more about your server ....... the timeout (504 code) related issues can be caused by limitations on the server.

Finally, did you properly stop Nginx before removing or uninstalling/reinstalling it?

Any information is welcome!

Kind regards....

Sorry, but I was able to fix the problem myself.
I first uninstalled the installed but not active Nginx and then deleted everything that referred to nginx or sw-nginx.
Then restarted the server and Plesk behaved as expected again, so it is now working again without any problems.

Back