• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No Mail tab to manage forwarding-only email account?

fran@

Basic Pleskian
I ran into this problem when setting up email for a customer who wants all the emails for a domain forwarded to external email addresses.
I created a service plan named "Redirect Domain" with:
Mailboxes: 0 allowed
Mailing lists: 0 allowed

After creating his subscriptions and assigning this plan, the Mail tab does not show in the Domain Control Panel.
It shows only if I allow at least 1 mailbox for the plan. Then I can use it to setup the forwarding accounts.
It disappear if I reset the number of allowed Mailbox to 0

How can I make the Mail tab appear for this customer?
I don't want him to be able to create a mailbox using his control panel, just want him to manage his forwarding
I have a few other domains/subscriptions I'd like to setup like this.

/Fran

I ran into this problem when setting up email for a customer who wants all the emails for a domain forwarded to external email addresses.
I created a service plan named "Redirect Domain" with:
Mailboxes: 0 allowed
Mailing lists: 0 allowed

After creating his subscriptions and assigning this plan, the Mail tab does not show in the Domain Control Panel.
It shows only if I allow at least 1 mailbox for the plan. Then I can use it to setup the forwarding accounts.
It disappear if I reset the number of allowed Mailbox to 0

How can I make the Mail tab appear for this customer?

You already answered on your question.

I don't want him to be able to create a mailbox using his control panel, just want him to manage his forwarding
I have a few other domains/subscriptions I'd like to setup like this.

I don't think you can do that, at least as far as i know. Even though if you make custom user role you can only grant him permission "Create and manage mail accounts", and there is nothing to limit him only to forwating. You will have to give him "whole package" or nothing. If you don't grant him this permission, then you will have to manage his subscription (creating emails/forwarders, etc.).

Why do you wanna do that anyway? Limit email and account quota on subscription (or service plan), let them manage their emails OR you will have to do it instead of them.

domain forwarding

we don't charge for (URL or Email) forwarding, we do charge for hosting.
I don't want to allow a service they are not paying for.

So you are trying to say that your hosting packages does not include email hosting? So if i want to take hosting with you i have to buy two things, hosting and email separated? Or only hosting and somewhere else email hosting, is that correct? Even if i want to redirect my domain, you won't do that also?

Back