• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

No plesk panel web administration on linux plesk panel setup from PPA

ChristianCh

New Pleskian
I had a Linux server set to base install, and prepped ready to become a Plesk Node.

I followed installation instructions to setup the system directly from a PPA node. However, unlike another test system that was configured as a Plesk Node before being joined to PPA (it was dropped after discovering it was an unsupported version of Centos for Plesk), we cannot get to the local plesk panel on the system.

Originally the error was indicate something wrong with the SSL setup. However, looking at it now, it appears that the Plesk Panel web interface is not actually installed on the server.

Is this the usual case? We can setup hosting on this system without issue and it appears to be functioning without issue.

If not how do we repair this installation, we are desperate to go live as quickly as we can with this system.

Hi ChristanCh,

thats correct, If you assimilated the Plesk node to the PPA node, then you cannot access PPP on the Plesk node anymore. Any login will be done over PPA node.
You need more information, just let me know.

From the horse mouth

Below is from the PPA node tab.

HostnamePlatformRoleAttributesLicense KeyReady to provide
winweb01x86_64 Win32 6.1IIS web server / MS SQL Server 2008 database serverMicrosoft SQL, IISValidYes

Everything seems to work from what I can gather. I'm having issues with existing hosted domains being ported onto new subscriptions.

Hi Christian,

could you explain, what you mean with porting hosted domains to new subscriptions?
Where are the existing domains hosted? On winweb01? On another server?

For some reason, changing my email address has made me change my name. Very wierd, anyhoo.

Sorry for the long reply, things as hectic as ever.

If I have a domain already "registered" in the account, it seems to "stick" even when the hosting subscription has been terminated and destroyed. If I look in PPA I can still see the domain with "No Hosting"

If I try to reuse the domain (The interface in the shop appears to allow me to use any domain name), I get an error saying the "domain <x> already exists".

I'm not sure what I should delete, or how to fix this. It's going to be a pain if users experience this issue. I'm currently using up differing domains to test out the buying process.

Back