• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No psa database in mysql

Joost@

New Pleskian
I trying to setup a secondary dns server for my plesk installation.
Therefore I need to allow zone transfers from certain ip's.
The manual states that I should add a few records to the misc table of the psa database.
When I connect to mysql with the admin username and password, there is no psa database there. I only see a mysql and a test database.

These are exactly the 2 that show up in the phpMyAdmin control pages.

I'm running the brand new 7.5

Published: 17-Feb-2005
Version: 7.5

I updated 7.0 with this version, and all went well. There should be a database somewhere, because I'm able to login to the control panel, add a domain and stuff.

Is there perhaps another instance of mysql that psa uses for internal data storage?

Ok, I've found the solution to this and will post it here because it might be helpfull to others.

There are two instances of MySQL running, one on port 3306 (default) and one on 8306.

Use the -P option of the mysql.exe client tool to specify the port:

mysql -u admin -p -P 8306

Anyone know the default password of default SQL Server .... the one on port 3306 .... ? i have some error when i try to backup the Plesk 7.5 [email protected] bad password....

Thank You

Jonathan

I am getting the same error. Anyone have an idea how to get the password or reset it?

To change the common MySQL server root password go to 'Server', 'Databases', click on the 'MySQL' tab, and click on change password. You don't need to know the old password.

mysql password on port 8306

Is the password for mysql on port 8306 the same as my plesk password?

If not how can I set it and add another user to the DB?

Thanks.

Re: mysql password on port 8306

Originally posted by webbit
Is the password for mysql on port 8306 the same as my plesk password?

If not how can I set it and add another user to the DB?

Thanks.

Yes, it's the same. You can login to MySQL on port 8306 with user 'admin' and your Plesk pass.

Back