• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Node Env Variable Length

Adrian Sluijters

New Pleskian
Hello,

I've noticed that in a node application, if you add custom environment variables, there appears to be an issue in regards to the total length of the key-names and the values.

If anyone has encountered this and resolved it (or worked around it), some help would be great. Here are the tests etc... which I did to confirm the issue on my end. (note that I have filed a bug report as I can't find any info about this anywhere).

SCENARIO 1

To Replicate:

1. Edit the Custom environment variables of the application
  2. Click on specify to edit/add the variables
  3. Add 2 variables simultaneously, named 'A' and 'B'
  4. Set each of the new variables to have a value 49 characters long (I used alphanumeric)
  5. Press OK to apply the variables
Expected Result:

Two variables, named 'A' and 'B' with their respective 49 character long values.

Actual Result:

Two variables, named 'A' and 'B' with their respective 49 character long values.

SCENARIO 2

To Replicate:
  1. Edit the Custom environment variables of scenario 1 above.
  2. Click on specify to edit/add the variables
  3. Add 9 variables simultaneously, named 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F', 'G', 'H', 'I', 'J' and 'K'
  4. Set each of the new variables to have a value 49 characters long (I used alphanumeric)
  5. Press OK to apply the variables
Expected Result:

Eleven variables, named 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F', 'G', 'H', 'I', 'J' and 'K' with their respective 49 character long values.

Actual Result:

All variables disappear, including 'A' and 'B' created in the first scenario

FURTHER NOTES AND INFORMATION

In the first scenario, if you add all element variables the same happens as in scenario 2, i.e. that is create 'A' through 'K' at once with no existing variables, all of the variables disappear too as in scenario 2 results.

SERVER INFORMATION

Plesk Version: Plesk Onyx v17.0.17_build1700161028.14
Node Version: v7.2.1

Back