• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Node.js 504 Gateway Time-out

h0us3cat

New Pleskian
Using plesk i installed something with git and node.js. Installing works fine and everything works as expected for a few minutes, after a while i get "504 Gateway Time-out" in browser and in server logs "2991#0: *297 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream". However if i disable node.js on this (sub)domain where i installed the thing everything works. Sometimes when node.js is enabled i get the "Error starting web application" page from phusion with this backtrace: "in 'bool Passenger::SpawningKit::HandshakePerform::checkCurrentState()' (Perform.h:257) in 'void Passenger::SpawningKit::HandshakePerform::waitUntilSpawningFinished(boost::unique_lock&)' (Perform.h:213) in 'Passenger::SpawningKit::Result Passenger::SpawningKit::HandshakePerform::execute()' (Perform.h:1752) in 'Passenger::SpawningKit::Result Passenger::SpawningKit::DirectSpawner::internalSpawn(const AppPoolOptions&, Passenger::SpawningKit::Config&, Passenger::SpawningKit::HandshakeSession&, const Passenger::Json::Value&, Passenger::SpawningKit::JourneyStep&)' (DirectSpawner.h:211) in 'virtual Passenger::SpawningKit::Result Passenger::SpawningKit::DirectSpawner::spawn(const AppPoolOptions&)' (DirectSpawner.h:261) in 'void Passenger::ApplicationPool2::Group::spawnThreadRealMain(const SpawnerPtr&, const Passenger::ApplicationPool2::Options&, unsigned int)' (SpawningAndRestarting.cpp:95)"

So i guess it must be some communication issue between node/phusion and apache/nginx but i don't know how to fix it.

Last edited:
I get this. It it intermittent and not consistently repeatable.
Probably the solution is to use something other than Plesk.

Back