• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Noob to plesk ... need guidance please.

S

SnYper

Hi All,

Please excuse my lack of knowledge here, this kind of stuff is really not my area of expertise but i need to make some decisions on what to do about our servers situation.

Background
Long story short, server got locked down from security breach with a DV server from Media Temple. We were running 10.4.x .. server re-installed with 11.x.x We had someone go in and get things up and running by hand compiling 10.4.x onto the server, re-importing and then upgrading to 11.x.x

Problem (or not?)
everythinggggg has owner/group set to root/root

Is this best practice? and if so do I need to find work around to make our installations of Wordpress and Opencart work properly? Because right now they can't do anything unless things are changed to 777 which in my eyes is worse? Opencart can't write orders in the backend, send notification emails etc.. Wordpress can't easily install plugins, upload images etc..

I dont mind researching, but since i'm a noob to this area, any ideas on best practices, how to convert to proper owner/group settings etc.. to point me in the right direction would be extremely helpful!

Thanks in advance!
Frustrated

Originally Posted by abdi View Post
Those are wrong ownerships and groups to the vhosts files. You can reset those permissions by the instructions on the URL below:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/6572

That article is applicable until Plesk 10.3.
How can we restore default permissions for vhosts in Plesk 10.4 and Plesk 11?
Is there any similar utility?

Back