• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Not able to access plesk server or any website on it

Ihtshama

Basic Pleskian
Dear Support
Since last two days, i am not able to access Plesk server and any of the website hosted at this server from my LAN internet. But at second computer on same LAN, i can. Similarly, when i connect my PC with mobile internet, i can access everything.
Can you please advise what could be the issue?

Plesk Obsidian, V 18.0.32, CentOS Linux 7.9.2009

thank you.

Did you check your fail2ban logs to see if your IP was maybe banned by fail2ban?
Do you see your IP listed in the output of iptables -nvL ?

If yes, then you maybe should whitelist your IP in the fail2ban configuration and also check why your IP was banned in the first place.

Edit: Have a look at the great explanation by @trialotto here in this post: Resolved - Fail2Ban bans me(admin) way too often.

Hi Monty, thank you for your reply. I think IP address of the server or hosted websites has not issue becuase when i connect my PC with mobile internet, same website starts opening. That means, maybe, my network adaptor has some problem maybe?

If only one connection has the problem and changing network helps, then probably the IP where you have the issues did get banned as explained by Monty.

@Monty thanks a lot Arashi.
I checked with Monty's method and did not find the IP address of my LAN in that list. I dont know how it all changed. Maybe someone can advise something else too.
Thank you

@Monty thanks a lot Arashi.
I checked with Monty's method and did not find the IP address of my LAN in that list.

But as i said on same LAN, same IP address, at other laptop, i am able to open the websites. Then that means, only my laptop has the problem. Also, i can open sites on my laptop with other mobile internet, and this statement goes against the first one, that maybe my computer has some DNS issue.

Well in that case you'll have to do some basic network and DNS troubleshooting on both of your computers:
  • Do you get the same IP address when you perform a DNS lookup on both computers?
  • Can you ping that IP from both computers?
  • Can you connect to ports 80, 443 and 8443 of that IP from both computers?
Once you've completed those tests you'll have a clearer picture of what the problem is...

Back