• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Not able to add hosting after upgrade from 10.1.2 to 10.2

AndorA

Basic Pleskian
Hello Igor and others,

After upgrading from Plesk 10.1.2 to 10.2, I can no longer add domains to my server. That is, I can add domains to Plesk, but it is not possible to add hosting accounts to them. It doesn't matter if I add a webspace for myself through power user mode, or if I go through a client account.

When adding through power user mode, I get a bit more helpful error message though:

Error: Unable to run command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\/admin/bin/websrvmng" --install-vhost "--vhost-name=testdomain.com"": Parallels Panel license is invalid!: (5) Access is denied.

Obviously, I checked and double checked my license, but there's nothing wrong there. I have a bought license for unlimited accounts. Under license management, Plesk itselfs assures me that the license is up to date.

Any idea what I can do? I now have to add domains directly through IIS, which is a pain as it will unsync IIS and the Plesk database. Anyone any idea what could be wrong or how to fix this?

Technical details:

OS: Windows Server 2008 sp2 (Microsoft Windows 6.0;build-6002;sp2.0;suite272;product3)
Plesk version: 10.2.0
Mail server: smartermail
ColdFusion Enterprise 9.0

the same problem after upgrading to 10.4.4

Can be a file permissions problem?

Could be. In that case Plesk Reconfigurator should be able to fix it.

In my case it took Parallels support several days to come up with a solution (I think it was weeks, even). Eventually it turned out that there were some exotic PHP file that were outdated and which caused all sorts of havoc. But that was such an outlandish situation, you can be pretty sure that that isn't the exact same problem in your case.

Reconfigurator Plesk licenses restored everything? including hosting the files but the error remains the same

Last edited by a moderator:
Back