• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Not able to install MariaDB to Windows 2022 Server

MelekAlan

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Windows 2022
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.51
Hello, I have tried to install Plesk on my Windows 2022 Server but it gets an error to install MariaDB. I reinstalled Plesk and installed it again but no luck. Could you please help me to resolve that topic?

1681993479269.png
1681993534038.png1681993600112.png

That alone doesn't give us any information. Please check event viewer and provide the logs listed in there so we can get more information of what's happening.

I got these in event viewer, I am a newbie at VPS and Plesk, and I hope it works for u to understand why not able to install Plesk on my server correctly.
1682272904856.png

That still does not tell me much because there is many things involved and seeing just one log entry isn't going to cut it. I will need them all, you can export it by right clicking on the log type on the left side and choosing "Save all events as..."

I will need it for plesk and for the setup log that's under Windows Logs. I might need the System and Application log but the plesk and setup should get me started to help dig through.

That alone doesn't give us any information. Please check event viewer and provide the logs listed in there so we can get more information of what's happening.
Thank you, I have attached the related logs.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    42.1 KB · Views: 1
I would had prefered you saved them as event files (.evtx) but I guess that works.

I'm seeing a lot of entries about not having enough memory. What is your VPS specs? If it's only 1 GB of RAM then I would HIGHLY suggest that you upgrade your VPS to something higher. Windows can be a hog, SQL is even more of a hog on Windows, and depending on what else you got going on on that system, you'll just have problems. Depending on usage, I would highly suggest that you go with at the bare minimum of 4 GB of RAM (you might get away with 2 GB but that's a **** shot, I never build any windows server with 2 GB of RAM unless they're only one thing and that's either DNS, Domain Services, or basically anything that does not need high memory but need just enough for me to RDP to it and do things as well, if it's running server core then yeah 1GB should be enough but even if I go server core I would still go bare minimum of 2 GB for a single thing).

I would had prefered you saved them as event files (.evtx) but I guess that works.

I'm seeing a lot of entries about not having enough memory. What is your VPS specs? If it's only 1 GB of RAM then I would HIGHLY suggest that you upgrade your VPS to something higher. Windows can be a hog, SQL is even more of a hog on Windows, and depending on what else you got going on on that system, you'll just have problems. Depending on usage, I would highly suggest that you go with at the bare minimum of 4 GB of RAM (you might get away with 2 GB but that's a **** shot, I never build any windows server with 2 GB of RAM unless they're only one thing and that's either DNS, Domain Services, or basically anything that does not need high memory but need just enough for me to RDP to it and do things as well, if it's running server core then yeah 1GB should be enough but even if I go server core I would still go bare minimum of 2 GB for a single thing).
Our VPS is ;
- Processor: 1 vCore
- Memory: 2 GB
- Storage: 40 GB SSD

I have also added .evtx log files.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    123 KB · Views: 1
As I've mention before, I'm seeing lots of out of memory exceptions thus I would highly recommend upgrading to at least 4GB. You might be able to get away with 2GB but considering you're getting errors tells me you're trying to do more on there that makes it not happy. In my test VM that's on Azure I'm using a standard B2s which is a 2vCPUs and 4GB of RAM and was able to get plesk installed with no issues.

Other things to check is to make sure the OS is fully up to date and also make sure you're running everything as administrator when doing things, otherwise it will not install (although I am almost certain it's because of lack of memory that you're running into but without being on the server and looking at the resource usage during the whole installation process it's really hard to tell).

If this is brand spanking new, not being used in production, and is on a cloud platform such as Azure, AWS, Linode, DigitalOcean, etc., the alternative would be to nuke the VM and start from scratch. There are plesk ready images with plesk on Windows available on Azure, AWS and I think GCP (all others are Linux only) so if you're on one of the supported platforms I would recommend doing that.

If you're not on Azure, AWS, or GCP and instead running a server in your own personal cloud of some sort (either you have your own servers in a data center running Hyper-V, VMWare, Proxmox, XCP-NG, whatever) or a services that provides private cloud (usually through vCloud), then I would say nuke the VM and start from the very beginning spinning up a new server and before doing anything making sure that the OS is fully up to date and then start off by installing plesk first going with the typical settings which includes mariadb.

Back