• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Not receiving any emails from outside of server after the 8.0 upgrade

C

CBiLL

After doing the Plesk 8 upgrade we are not getting emails from outside of the server however the server still send out emails fine or sending email to account locally works fine still.

Just we're not getting any emails from outside server source.

I have sent several test email and never recieved them on the test server yet.

Any idea what up? ALL services show in green and started. I have restarted all the services and no differences.

Thank you
Bill

It seem like my qmail configuration got corrupted so redoing it fixes it.

Bill

Hi,

I have about the same problem here, except the SMTP server shows it's stopped. I can receive mail from inside, but can't receive from outside the server.

Could you tell me how te reconfigure qmail as you did ?

Thanks,

David

I just disable MAPS and renable it that I am sure it re-wrote configutation for qmail when I did that.

Bill

I have the same problem!

I can not receive emails from outside, a mailer daemond says>

failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 554 mail server permanently rejected message (#5.3.0)

Hmm, seems a common problem.

First, my server is RHE with latest patches and versions. I upgraded from a fresh and updated patched 7.5.3 to 7.5.4. The first update worked without a problem.

Then, I upgraded to 8, and every thing seemed find for a time. I did have to manually start Spamassasin, and Dr. Web, but I got no errors on start up.

This morning I started getting calls that certain clients, (not all, maybe 10 out of 240), were receiving no e-mail at all.

I can send using the smtp on the server, through a domain, and it's fine. But I too am noticing that I have received no mail.

Either Spamassassin is working too well or somethign else get's screwed up during this install.

Any help would be appreciated.

edit: After clearing out the spamassassin black list it seems to be working fine now, or at least I'm receiving some mail. I'm not sure about this, but something doesn't seem to be working right.

I am in the same boat......
No email .

The error is the same> Server Rejected

The server is rejecting everithing!!

Any solutions yet????

Try this.

Try turning off Spamassassin, and Dr. Web. Then see if you get any mail at all.

If that doesn't work, try disabling the mail for each domain you're having problems with.

I found that only 10 of my domains out of 240 were screwed up, and doing both of these things seem to have helped.

I didn't re-enable Dr. Web or Spam Assassin on the problematic domains.

Hope this helps.

Seems to be working now!
But, what could it be????? why this???
My spam assassin does not work either.

I can't begin to understand.

I like a lot of the new features of Plesk 8, but I'm afraid there is something wrong with the Spamassassin implementation.

I know by watching the Mail Queue that something is causing the Dr. Web Antivirus to run out of license keys and refuse to scan mail until it catches up.

Right now my mail server is hovering around 1500 Messages in the Queue, which is low for my server. I start seeing performance issues at 20,000 messages in the queue.

I'm glad it started working for you, and I'm not sure what to tell you about it.

Originally posted by omegauser
The server is rejecting everithing!!

Any solutions yet????

Hello,

I had the same problem... the strange thing with my 8.0 version is that I cannot use qmail + the zone maps in the same time.

The psa-qmail-rblsmtpd is well installed but when I click to activate the zone maps, the qmail service is automaticaly desactivated... I don't know why?!

O.

re:

i am having the same issues has any one figured this out yet

also after upgrading to 8.0 my mailq builds up and doesn`t send any mail

thnx in advance

everything on the server is upto date running fc3 plesk 8.0 on a godaddy server

Back