• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Not Receiving Email from Specific IP/Server

J

jackbarber

Hi

This is my first post - so please feel free to let me know if I get anything wrong/don't supply enough information!

I have a new server, running Plesk Panel 10.1.1 on OS Linux 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5.

I also have an old server, which has many of my clients on it. It has become apparent that emails sent from my old server (89.238.134.242) do not arrive in my inbox at my new server (46.4.85.42). However, there are no rejection emails and nothing in either maillog to suggest that the email is being rejected, and I can receive emails from other accounts (such as my Hotmail address). I can also email from the new server to the old without any trouble.

Any help/suggestions would be gratefully received. I am moving all my clients from the old server to the new, but this will take some time, so I'd rather sort the issue out, and I also don't know if anyone other emails (sent from other servers) aren't arriving but aren't being obviously rejected either.

Thanks in advance!

Surely because your adress email is considering as a local account on the old server.
Do you have domain refering to your email configured on the old server ?
If yes you have to disable email service on this domain ;)

Thanks a lot Mickael - I think that's solved it - strange that I hadn't noticed before, I've had my new server up for a couple of weeks - hopefully not too many of my clients have tried emailing me in that time!

Back