• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Now having issues with backups in Plesk 18.0.57

HoracioS

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS aarch64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Since the update to the new version of Plesk 18.0.57, new issues with daily backups have started:

Backup Task Nov 22, 2023 02:19 AM Details​

Warning: Mail "xxx1.com"
Unable to back up domain keys. Error: Unable to find service node for web service on domain with id=3
Warning: Mail "xxx2.com"
Unable to back up domain keys. Error: Unable to find service node for web service on domain with id=5
Warning: Mail "xxx3.com"
Unable to back up domain keys. Error: Unable to find service node for web service on domain with id=6
Warning: Mail "xxx4.com"
Unable to back up domain keys. Error: Unable to find service node for web service on domain with id=13

Best regards,
Horacio

If you believe you have found a bug, please submit it here: Issue Report | Plesk Forum

I am not sure if the above shown issue is not simply linked to a database inconsistency, but as there is another issue in the "plesk repair db" that was brought in by 18.0.57, I recommend to wait for the hotfix 18.0.57 #1 and install it (it'll probably be published today), then run the database repair, then test backups again.

I am not sure if the above shown issue is not simply linked to a database inconsistency,

I am sure it is not.

backup gives errors in domains 132, 184 and 328 for mail
plesk repair db finds (and repaired) errors in domains 204 and 808 in tables usersettings and smb_users.

But i am going to repair the databases on all servers anyway, or is this a bad idea since there is also a bug in "plesk repair db"? Is it better to wait for the hotfix? i don't want to create more problems then there are now.

Regards
Jan

Since the update to the new version of Plesk 18.0.57, new issues with daily backups have started:

Backup Task Nov 22, 2023 02:19 AM Details​

Warning: Mail "xxx1.com"
Unable to back up domain keys. Error: Unable to find service node for web service on domain with id=3
Warning: Mail "xxx2.com"
Unable to back up domain keys. Error: Unable to find service node for web service on domain with id=5
Warning: Mail "xxx3.com"
Unable to back up domain keys. Error: Unable to find service node for web service on domain with id=6
Warning: Mail "xxx4.com"
Unable to back up domain keys. Error: Unable to find service node for web service on domain with id=13

Best regards,
Horacio
The same thing for me since version 18.0.57.

I even didn't notice that. I updated yesterday, this night at about 4 am the hotfix 18.0.57 #1 was installed and my backups run at 6 am. So my errors are also from after the installation of the #1 hotfix.

All the errors are also about mail.

Also all about mail.

Wenn Sie glauben, einen Fehler gefunden zu haben, reichen Sie ihn bitte hier ein: Problembericht | Plesk Forum

Ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob das oben gezeigte Problem nicht einfach mit einer Datenbankinkonsistenz zusammenhängt, aber da es ein weiteres Problem in der "plesk repair db" gibt, das von 18.0.57 eingeführt wurde, empfehle ich, auf den Hotfix 18.0.57 #1 zu warten und ihn zu installieren (er wird wahrscheinlich heute veröffentlicht), dann die Datenbankreparatur auszuführen. Testen Sie dann die Sicherungen erneut.
Hallo, bei mir passiert das, wenn eine domäne ohne web

If it helps to find the reason and create a fix and maybe other people could check and confirm this:

I have checked the domains in the error on a dozen servers and they are all the same:

All domains in the error mail have

1) mail service enabled
2) no mailboxes

Regards
Jan

When I reactivate the domain as a web service, this error doesn't occur. It only happens when a domain is configured without a web service, for example, solely for emails.

Any solution to this problem?
Here there are also errors in backup when doing it with accounts that only have email.
Since update to the latest update 18.0.57 #1
The error is the same on several servers that only have mail.
Thank you all!

Hi,

@Nikolay Contributing to the error debug as I've got a similar issue. It looks alike but the cause is different in my case.

Context: I've got a domain (lrob.cloud) with web hosting set to "none" the website is on another Plesk server. It has emails enabled with a mailbox.

Problem: Global scheduled server backup using FTP now comes up with a warning every night regarding this backup.

Error message: WARNING: (Mail object 'lrob.cloud') Unable to back up domain keys. Error: Unable to find service node for web service on domain with id=39

Hope it helps nailing the issue.
Best regards

I get this error message since 22/11/2023 (update) on three different machines (Centos 7.9 / Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS):

Unable to back up domain keys. Error: Failed to get DKIM public key

For domains where web and mail are active on the corresponding server, but no DKIM is configured.

For domains with external hosting for www (local mail only) this message:
Unable to back up domain keys. Error: Unable to find service node for web service on domain with id=17

This message also appears on another server where everything is set up correctly (i.e. www and mail on the host, DKIM set):

Unable to back up domain keys. Error: Failed to get DKIM public key

Hi, could you post Plesk version?
1) Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.57 Update #1, last updated: 23 Nov 2023 06:27:44
Check for updates: Checked on 29 Nov 2023 11:41:24.

2) CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)

Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.57 Update #1, last updated: 23. Nov. 2023 03:30:52
Check for updates: Checked on 29 Nov 2023 12:43:27.

Thank You!

Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.57 Update #2 is available so you need to install updates

... you need to install updates
Well, many thanks!

I already suspected that (because there was talk of an update 2 above) that the auto-installer might be buggy...
As you can see above, all checks for updates were performed and nothing was automatically installed or listed.

However, I was able to successfully apply updates manually via the installer.

I hope that this will not become the "new standard" ;-)

Now let's wait for the backup at night.
Regards!

Back