• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

NS1 - NS2 - NS3 not propegating

S

SchaOn

Ok... so, I bought a domain from a register.

Set up with the register the nameservers as ns1, ns2, ns3 for 3 different IP addresses.

Under the Domain Control Panel, I then, setup an A Record ns1 = IP address, then setup the NS record, NS1 = NS1.

I had this set up this way in Plesk 7.5.6 and it worked fine... though now since upgrading to Plesk 7.6... nothing.

I under nslookup from my local machine using the default DNS servers, and I get, can't find ns1, Server Failed.

I change my server for nslookup to the servers dns server, and get the same issue... though they are all added into the domain DNS.

Am I doing something wrong? Btw... I'm using BIND DNS that comes with Plesk 7.6.1

turn firewall off maybe thats the problem because when mine is on even port 53 is open I get the same issue as you have.

Yeah, firewalls were turned off...

It's working now... it just took forever. It seems that in 7.6 that things don't happen instantly????

Back