• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

number of sites per server

O

osmoswebnow

How many sites can sitebuilder handle on a single server ?

What parameters do I need to look at to understand publishing and maintenance issues ?

I have a server with 250 GB of HDD, a Dual Core Xeon Processor, 1 GB RAM, running on a 10 MBPS pipe. I would be glad if experienced users could come back and tell me if a current server of specs above can take 500, 1000, 5000 or so on. I have no issues in increase HDD space.

I have to budget for these bits within the next week. I also need to look at multi-server publishing rates and so on, and put them as part of my budgets.

I am definitely not in favor of pushing too many users on one server just to make an extra buck, and get their performance screwed up. Any experience, etc that one may share here will surely help me, and lots of other people like me.

Warm Regards
Sanjeev
OSMOS WEBNOW

Hello

Number of sites that your server can handle is defined by the licence you purchase.
As far as I know there's no size increasing problem. I am running a bit more than 100 sites.
There is no duplication made in pages, so space used is reduced.

thank you for all the assistance

Thanks for all the assistance, friend.

Regards

I think he asked about how many sites meaning hardware performance, how many clients with sites would hist server handle. That question i made myself as well, Sitebuilder does seem to be some CPU and Ram intensive. I think the question would be more how many simultaneos users would it run at the same time logged in and publishing in the same time.

Back