• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Obsidian 18.0.24 and again the CSS is different…

Martin.B

Plesk Certified Professional
Plesk Certified Professional
I'm a bit frustrated currently… I just installed the new Update to 18.0.24 on one of our systems and had to realize, that our company's skin is broken… again! :mad:

What's up with the plesk developers/designers?
Previously we had a skin, which worked perfectly in Plesk 17. It looked always the same, from the first 17.0 versions, up to the last 17.8 ones, never had we take care of updates breaking the skin.
But since the upgrade to Obsidian, with every release, they seem to change the naming or the use of the CSS classes, which require updates to the skin. And since the Skins don't even have an automatic update mechanism, it's a lot of work to deploy them to all our systems.o_O

Is it even wished anymore, that people create their own skins?

DM?

I already edited the skin for the new version…
The element, which was the class .page-sidebar-wrapper in the previous version became .pul-layout__sidebar-inner in the new one… just had to add the class to the CSS. But why is it even necessary to change the classes with each version?

I am much more annoyed that I have to check and re-adjust our custom templates every couple weeks now.
Before v18 these only changed with major releases, but now they do also with minor

It's basically the same situation, like with the skins…

It would be really nice, if the Skins contained some sort of auto-update mechanism. Like providing a download-URL inside of the meta.xml and with every update, the installer checks if there is a newer version available. This way it would still require manual adjustments, but at least would save the hassle of deploying the new version of the skin to all the systems.

Today(?) the version 18.0.26 was released, and what should I say? It's the same situation again!

Are custom skins even welcome? :(

Back