• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue ODBC code #42S02 - Error in Wordpress installation

Health

New Pleskian
I am trying to install Wordpress on my domain. I navigate to "Applications" and then select "Wordpress" and click "Install". It gives an error stating:

Error: Installation of WordPress at http://example.com failed. ODBC code #42S02: [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.5.45-log]Table 'apsc.aps_resource_adjacency_list' doesn't existODBC code #42S02:

Screenshot is attached.

I tried changing installation parameters but still the same error with any changes I make.

The same issue remains when I try to install WP on a sub-domain. Any help is highly appreciated.

Attachments

• Plesk wordpress error.png
    Plesk wordpress error.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It looks like that aspc database is not correctly updated and table aps_resource_adjacency_list doesn't exist.
Fix it with creation this table according to:

Create Table: CREATE TABLE `aps_resource_adjacency_list` (
`id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`base_resource_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
`dependent_resource_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
`relation` char(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'e',
`uniqueness_scope` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
`branch` varchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
`requirement_id` varchar(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
UNIQUE KEY `IX_aps_resource_adjacency_list_unique_link` (`base_resource_id`,`dependent_resource_id`),
KEY `FK_aps_resource_adjacency_list_base` (`base_resource_id`),
KEY `FK_aps_resource_adjacency_list_dependent` (`dependent_resource_id`),
CONSTRAINT `FK_aps_resource_adjacency_list_base` FOREIGN KEY (`base_resource_id`) REFERENCES `aps_resource` (`id`) ON DELETE NO ACTION ON UPDATE NO ACTION,
CONSTRAINT `FK_aps_resource_adjacency_list_dependent` FOREIGN KEY (`dependent_resource_id`) REFERENCES `aps_resource` (`id`) ON DELETE NO ACTION ON UPDATE NO ACTION
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

Thanks IgorG for quick response. Since I am new to Plesk, please help me which app/ tool do I use for this query.

I got it. :)

I am now getting another error, Can't create table... Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Plesk create table error.png
    Plesk create table error.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 6
It should be done in SQL command line interface for apsc database. Contact Plesk Support Team if you are not familiar with it or hire experienced Linux administrator.

Thanks. Will contact them.

But isn't it a basic necessity that Wordpress should be pre-installed? Or, at least it should get installed hassle-free? Isn't this a common standard practice? Does Plesk doesn't understand even such a smallest hygiene factor? Shameful.

Life is not easy, nothing is perfect and problems can always occur at the most inopportune time.
For some reasons apsc database is corrupted or not correctly upgraded. As result - you can't install WP.

Plesk support asks too many questions, which I believe are not relevant for asking help. What OS, OS version, Support code/ License key.... I think this is too much to ask!!

Can you help me here? Do you have any generic support code?

I have taken over to develop a website from someone, and the hosting plan is valid till April 2017. I can provide the username and Plesk support should be able to figure out the remaining information!! Please help.

Plesk support asks too many questions, which I believe are not relevant for asking help. What OS, OS version, Support code/ License key.... I think this is too much to ask!!

Information that Support team requested is necessary to investigate the issue. Some may happened on exact Plesk version and exact OS. Support code or Plesk license is required for authorization.

If you do not have a support code, please use your Plesk license number to submit the request.

Let us know if you have any questions.

I have taken over to develop a website from someone, and the hosting plan is valid till April 2017. I can provide the username and Plesk support should be able to figure out the remaining information!! Please help.
I had mentioned in my earlier comment - I don't know which details to use here. Please help considering me as novice in Plesk.

Back