• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ODBC connection and Start Page

M

manohar_pradhan

Hi,

I have just downloaded the latest 7.02 and evaluating it before thinking of upgrading the exiting plesk. In the new version, I still see problem in followings:

1. When creating ODBC connections, it does not allow us to add server IP address etc. It just populates the list with SQL servers in network, which are not the one I am looking to create ODBC for. I think it would be much easier if the simple text Box is given where we can simply put the IP address (name) of the server we want to connect to. Because whole point of ODBC is just to use own settings so that database resources can be anywhere in the world.

2. I think it would be much better if we can define the initian starting page for each domain. At the moment, I have to modify this document setting in IIS itself. And everytime I change some hosting setting in Plesk, the whole thing just get messed in IIS again and I have to go back and change again. This is creating a massive problem in day to day management of domains, as we should have complete control on which startup document to be used, rather than choosing from the list Plesk has fixed for us. And it is not fun to go back to IIS and do manual setting.

I hope that in next patches, these things will be solved.

Regards
Manohar

Back