• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Offsite cloud storage via FTP for plesk backups

SacAutos

Regular Pleskian
I recently directed my company to retire our servers in our own rackspace in favor of managed servers at a third party company. The one factor that hasn't been entirely resolved is a reliable location to store our weekly backups. In our previous situation, we had a spare server with large drives that we simply used as a repository for the plesk tar files from the automated backup.

However, I'm not that excited about keeping a server online just for this purpose. It would be far better to take advantage of the many solutions out there to cheaply provide cloud storage. But all of the services that I've encountered so far are focused on PC or windows server backups using shared drives. I just want to take advantage of the automated remote FTP server capabilities. Anybody have any suggestions?

It seems that you like to automatically upload your Plesk backup tar files to cloud storage. For this, you can use FTP services hosted on cloud. It may be costlier for paying service as well as storage to the FTP service provider.

I suggest you to get the cloud storage (Amazon S3) and mount that as a local drive (using CludDrive/SkyDrive/etc.,) in your system. Then automate the Plesk backup tar files to your system and move the backup tar files to the mounted cloud storage.
--
Aravind
www.vembu.com

I selected iozeta

After a lot of searching, I ultimately settled on iozeta, which is an arm of livedrive. I've been using it for a few weeks now. Overall, it seems to work well enough. However, I'm going to start a new thread about my frustration with Plesk when an ftp transfer dies midway through the process. There is no restart capability and that is really causing problems.

Further follow-up. Due to the lack of reliability of ftp transfers by Plesk to iozeta's cloud storage, I have developed a scheme that involves some custom PHP software than runs as a cron job. More details can be found at my blog: recneps dot com

You can use open drive. It is available for iPhones,android etc. It is affordable, secure and reliable.

Back