• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Old full backups are not removed despite settings

hello_world.c

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.46 Update #2
In my storage space for Plesk local backups I have room for two full backups plus two months worth of incremental backups. Accordingly, I have set my backup settings and the corresponding setting in the daily backup task to the following:

Maximum number of full backup files to store (including both scheduled and manual backups): 2

In the scheduled backup task I have set:

Run this backup task: Daily
Perform full backup: Monthly

However, after two months and two full backups stored, the backup task fails every day with messages in the log like:

Failed to write volume: (28) No space left on device

I can remove old backups manually through the UI but was hoping that Plesk would do that automatically.

I did not use manual backups during that time. How is this feature supposed to work or what can I do from my side to have the space automatically managed?

hello @hello_world.c ,

we were not able to reproduce your problem. scheduled and manual full backups are rotated according to their settings.
please have in view that N full backups created automatically (scheduled backups) and N full backups created manually - it is a different counts.
I mean that manual backups are not counted for scheduled backups rotation.

did you try to investigate /var/log/plesk/panel.log?
did you check that cron daemon is running?

could you please show results of SQL query below:
Code:
plesk db -e 'select * from BackupsScheduled \G'

If you still experience such problems, it would be better to reach Plesk technical support.

Back