• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

On upgrades, delete unnecessary files/folders?

M

MaximumPig

I just had provisioned for me a Virtual Dedicated Server with plesk 8.3 and Fedora Core 7 on it. I have upgraded from 8.3 to 8.4 and then from 8.4 to 8.6 and with each step the disk usage has increased by ~500mb-1gb so my total usage has gone from about 1.1GB to about 2.6GB. There are no domains or hosting accounts currently set up.

I suspect that, as a result of the upgrades, there are now large pockets of old and unnecessary plesk files and other packages that are older versions of installed programs, etc. I would like to delete as much of this stuff as I can. Can someone please let me know where the old packages are and if I can safely delete them? Same for log files, other garbage. Thanks in advance.

Typically its in the /root/swsoft /root/psa /root/parallels folders where it keeps the downloaded files.

Take a look through there and see if you can find anything, you can probably delete the 8_3_0 and 8_4_0 folders if you no longer use those versions. it would be a good idea to keep the 8_6_0 folder in case you ever find a broken installation and need to force re-install the rpms.

Back