• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

On upgrades, delete unnecessary files/folders?

M

MaximumPig

Guest
I just had provisioned for me a Virtual Dedicated Server with plesk 8.3 and Fedora Core 7 on it. I have upgraded from 8.3 to 8.4 and then from 8.4 to 8.6 and with each step the disk usage has increased by ~500mb-1gb so my total usage has gone from about 1.1GB to about 2.6GB. There are no domains or hosting accounts currently set up.

I suspect that, as a result of the upgrades, there are now large pockets of old and unnecessary plesk files and other packages that are older versions of installed programs, etc. I would like to delete as much of this stuff as I can. Can someone please let me know where the old packages are and if I can safely delete them? Same for log files, other garbage. Thanks in advance.
 
Typically its in the /root/swsoft /root/psa /root/parallels folders where it keeps the downloaded files.

Take a look through there and see if you can find anything, you can probably delete the 8_3_0 and 8_4_0 folders if you no longer use those versions. it would be a good idea to keep the 8_6_0 folder in case you ever find a broken installation and need to force re-install the rpms.
 
Back
Top