• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

One domain will not backup

B

bplinson

Hi all,

I currently have about 4 domains running on my server, 3 small ones and one huge one. The huge one is 18.4 GB. It is a vbulletin forum with a gallery.

I have no problems backing up the small domains but for about a month and hlaf now the large domain will not back up. I am bakcing up to the local repository and I have even tried 500 MB volumne sizes.

Today when I attempted the back I at least got an error email back which said, "Some error occured during backup: resulting dump is removed"

Any clues?

Probably not. I looks like I only have about 5 GB left in the partition that has psadumps in it..

But I have a secondary 160 GB hard drive that is about empty. How can I back up to there?

Plesk and its utilities use this file to determine locations of various components:

# grep DUMP /etc/psa/psa.conf
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps

So, if you shut down Plesk, change dumps directory in this file, move all data from old dumps directory to the new one Plesk should start do backups right there.

I am getting this error after making the change in psa.conf

Code:
ERROR  	
Up LevelUp Level
DumpsList::init() failed: Backup files repository does not exist
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/backup/dumps_list.php:194 psaerror(string "DumpsList::init() failed: Backup files repository does not exist")

hm, have you copied contents from old dump directory to the new one?

as i can see from the error message it just can't find the dumps repository directories.

Yup.

For my solution I will just write a script to move the file to a different partiion after the backup is complete.

this is rather strange...

there is yet another way - you can just mount your big drive directly to your current dumps directory

I am still leaning Linux so I have a while before I can figure out how to do that.

Back