• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

One-time fee license expires in 6 months??

J

JonathanLH

I recently bought and installed Plesk for Windows on one of my dedicated servers, and installed the key Plesk sent to me via email.
However the control panel says that it will expire in 6 months? What's with that, I rang sales and was told it would work forever without me paying another $.

It's a transparent renewal thing, probably to protect their software from piracy or something... It will renew automatically and you won't event notice it... Your key stays valid permanent.
The only thing you have to keep in mind is that you can apply updates to Plesk for 1 year, after that you need to buy Software Maintenance (SUS) Renewal and Reinstatement to keep runing your software up to date, which is optional.

it concerns me more, that if Plesk goes out of business, my server and all domains on it would cease to function.
My business will stop if Plesk stops...

The software will not stop working. The expiration is just when that current key will call home and renew itself.

If the key will expire and your server will not be able to contact SWsoft to update itself Plesk will not allow you to login to it but IIS will not stop.

well if everything keeps going except the control panel, it's not the end of the world i suppose lol.
although i'd hope that if they were going to go out of business, they'd send everyone an unlimited key :)
thanks for all your replies

Back