• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cannot install or retrieve license key

I've checked with staff. They say that the id-00.kaid.swsoft.com can be ignored, because it is only a fallback for the real license server in case the real server cannot be reached. The root cause for the failure is a false or outdated certificate configuration on your server. This is an operating system issue, probably the root certificates were not updated and now they are out of date. You'll need to solve that certificate issue on your operating system in order to being able to fix the other issues.
Hello Peter,

Thank you for this helpful answer!

Could you just tell me if I have to update all the server packages or other thing?

Hello, I managed to solve my problem!

Indeed, after reading dozens of articles to update the root server certificate, trying yum update, or rebuilding the certificates, or checking connectivity to ka.plesk.com, nothing worked and the problem still remained.

After that I tried to repair Plesk via the command "plesk repair fs -system -y", but that threw an error message, so I dug through the help for that command and noticed the command "plesk installer", then followed the instructions to update Plesk to version 17.8.11, and now Plesk is running again!

Thank you for your help.

Back