• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Only "admin" is able to connect to Plesk Panel

frg62

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I am testing Plesk 12.0.18 MU #63 on a local computer, using Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS.

I do not know what I have done, but after "playing" with several parameters in the Plesk Panel, I now can only login there, as "admin".

Any other user, after logging, get a blank page with this text:
"This module is only available to the server administrator"

I tried rebooting the server, no effect.

It is no big deal, as it is just a test machine, but I would like to be able to solve it, before I launch my production server!

I have searched this forum and the web for the error message, but could not find anything relevant.

Does anyone have an idea?

Hi frg62
I got this problems too. i cannot login as other than admin. everytime i do that, i always got this message
"This module is only available to the server administrator"

i am using Plesk 12.0.18 MU #63, and sadly..... my server is a production server.... i am now awaiting all my customer to contact me with anger.

This is indeed a new problem. occured after upgrading to MU#63.

Please help.....

Hi frg62,

some options and settings are restricted to admin - accounts only ( for security reasons ) on your Plesk Control Panel. Please add ( as admin ) additional admin - accounts over: Tools & Settings > Additional Administrator Accounts

Hi UFHH01

How about reseller accounts and hosting accounts under my account? this means only 2
1. they can access root account as they are escalated to admin user too
or
2. they can not access their account (reseller or hosting account)

because my problem is nor my customer can access their plesk panel now.

Thanks, but I think I have not explained correctly the problem.

Until today any user (admin, resellers, customers, webmasters, mail users, and so on) could connect to the Plesk panel, using the same link:
https://servername:8443

Now only the user "admin" can still connect.
All other users get the error message.

Last edited:
Hi frg62 ( and sugeng ),

without any errors from log - files and without any depending configuration files, people who would like to help you are really as well in the dark, as you are. Please have look at:

You will as well find it very usefull to bookmark:

In the mentioned sticky Forum thread above, you have as well the suggested command for the "bootstrapper" - repair utility, which is a very good solution to repair issues/problems with Plesk. This is as well very usefull, because you will get another log - file when you use bootstrapper, which points to issues/problems/failures, which couldn't be repaired by it... and if you still experience issues afterwards, which you can't solve on your own, then you can always include the newly created actual log - file from bootstrapper here, so that people willing to help know, where to start investigations with you.

Second, please be aware that Plesk supports different OS ( CentOS/RHEL, Ubuntu/Debian, ... ) which sometimes have totally different settings and/or configurations, so it is wise to include as well informations to your specific operating system, as like it is wise to include the Plesk version and the current MU.

Hello @frg62 and @sugeng,

Seems the issue is in installed extension MagicSpam Embedded Protection.

Have you installed from autoinstaller or extension catalog?

To fix the issue you can temporary remove this extension. I'll contact developers of the extension to fix the issue in the extension.

YES!
You totally nailed it, thanks a lot! :cool::cool::cool:

Uninstalling MagicSpam solved the problem.

And to answer your question, I installed it from the Extension Catalog

Developers of MagicSpam extension will update the extension in a few days. I'll post here when updated extension will be published in extension catalog.

Hi,

I got another problem. My other vps got this error everytime i click "extension" (see attachment"
So now, i cannot access the "extension" link. The magicspam is the problem.

What should i do?

Please help me
Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-09-19-25-04_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-09-19-25-04_1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 9
Seems the issue is in installed extension MagicSpam Embedded Protection.
Have you installed from autoinstaller or extension catalog?

Yes, that's it. I have the same problem and I already suspected MagicSpam, since the problems started only after I installed their extension.

Now I hope they will fix it soon, since turning it off means again more spam than before ...

Thanks for reporting these issues. The Odin team escalated these reports to us and we have an extension update that we have submitted that should resolve these items. We expect that the update should be published in the very near future - so you should be able to install via the extensions catalog to resolve the issues. Sugeng: please do let us know if you continue to experience errors with 'license_manager not executable' - this is one item that we have not been able to replicate in testing - though there is a possibility the installation may have failed to install certain components based on the other bugs already related here.

Hi MagicSpam12,

if you have update fixed extension, it would be great if you can upload it to your own official Download Area, and inform us to get it from there. I hope that is possible
I wouldn't like to have MagicSpam disabled for days waiting for update to go through the Plesk Extension Catalog.

Hello Bernard T,

At this time there are no plans for publishing this extension update to our own download site, as the packages posted there are intended for a broader range of versions of Plesk than the package in the extensions catalog (different product).

Rest assured that the turn-around time has been prompt for publishing extensions in our experience so far with Odin. We expect that this update should be published likely within the next 12 hours. Keep an eye out for the latest update on our twitter page @magicspam, or visit our forums. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you and thank you for your patience as we iron out the wrinkles in this new product offering.

Back