• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Onyx distro issues with iptables and firewalld, help please

javismiles

Basic Pleskian
Good day, hoping for some help friends,

Yesterday I installed an OVH distribution that has
Centos 7 + Plesk Onyx.

The problem is with the Firewall. I need to open some extra ports.
and both iptables and firewalld report errors.
Iptables complains about this:

libkmod: kmod_module_new_from_loaded: could not open /proc/modules: No such file or directory
Error: could not get list of modules: No such file or directory

and firewalld, if i try that instead, complains about:
ERROR: Exception DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Connection ":1.5981" is not allowed to own the service "org.fedoraproject.FirewallD1" due to security policies in the configuration file

Im using the root user of this dedicated server

I dont understand the problem. Never had such problem with my previous centos 6 plesk server. Any tips?

Also in the plesk onyx control panel btw, in the tools area, I dont see any option or anything about firewall anywhere

thank you very much

Back