• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Onyx for Windows - SSL Certificate Settings deleted for Port : 0.0.0.0:443

Andrei C

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

SSL Bindings are deleted for a Default web site, when try to change name of domain i.e. from domain.com to domain.ru.

Could you reproduce and fix?

Windows Server 2016 Std. - Onyx 17.0.17.

Hi Andrei C,

from my understanding, you desire, that an SSL - certificate should be existent, after you renamed your domain?

Even if you assigned a bought certificate with Multi - Domains, Plesk will and should never hold the bindings to a certificate in case of deleting/renaming the domain. It is a total expected behaviour.

Ok, if deleting/renaming the domain (not default web site) on IIS i.e. domain.ltd, why Onyx Panel delete certificate from default domain?
My opinion is not correct and not expected behaviour.

Hi Andrei C,

a certificate, bought, issued by Let's Encrypt or created as a self-signed certificate might not be valid anymore after deleting/renaming the domain. The process doesn't include some sort of tests, if the previous certificate is still valid after you renamed your domain. :)

Hi Andrei C,

since you now provided some more informations about the certificate, I can reply more specific:

Plesk can't guarantee that the previous Comodo certificate is valid after renaming the domain and it removes the previous cert and key from the folder "/usr/local/psa/var/certificates", which you previously installed for this domain. As stated before, this is an absolute normal and expected behaviour, when you rename a domain, even that your Comodo certificate may include as well the new domain ( multi-domain - certificate ). During the process, Plesk has to include situations, where the certificate is ONLY valid for domain.com and not for domain.ru, so the only accepted policy is to remove the previous installed certificate, when you delete/rename the domain. :)

I hope this is more clear now? If not, pls. feel free to answer with additional thoughts/informations for a further discussion. :)

This is linux path "/usr/local/psa/var/certificates", my problem reproduced on IIS (Windows Server 2016).

Ok maybe it's true:
During the process, Plesk has to include situations, where the certificate is ONLY valid for domain.com and not for domain.ru, so the only accepted policy is to remove the previous installed certificate, when you delete/rename the domain.

Main question, why delete certificate from Default Web Site, which is not domain.com or domain.ru, i.e. hosting.example.com?

Hi Andrei C,

This is linux path "/usr/local/psa/var/certificates", my problem reproduced on IIS (Windows Server 2016).
Sorry... yes... I'm not very used to Windows paths... the corresponding path on Windows based systems differs here. Pls. see your own webserver configuration files to inform yourself about the correct windows path.

Main question, why delete certificate from Default Web Site, which is not domain.com or domain.ru, i.e. hosting.example.com?
Did you setup "hosting.example.com" as a separate subscriptions? Or is this a subdomain under the subscription "example.com", which you renamed?

Andrei,
is this happened only once? or you can reproduce that always?
We are touching Default Web Site bindings only during Plesk installation. After that we shouldn't modify bindings for Default Web Site. If this happened, then this is probably bug.

So your scenario is:
you have created website domain.com in Plesk
at this moment Default Web Site had SSL bindings with your Comodo certificate.
Then you have renamed website domain.com to domain.ru in Plesk.
After such renaming Default Web Site was reconfigured, and your bindings was reset.

Am I right?

If yes, then please enable debug in registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\PLESK\PSA Config\Config
debug = 1 (DWORD value)

After that please restore your certificate on Default Web site and then rename domain in Plesk again.
If problem reproduced, please send to me files plesklog_debugYYYYMMDD.log and iis7nativeprovider.log from %plesk_dir%\admin\logs

And disable debug after that (by removing value "debug" or setting it to "0")

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Thanks, but strange when I enable debug mode, than I can not reproduce the problem with ssl. I need more time understand the reason.

Back