• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Onyx, Let's encrypt and Webmail

Michael K

New Pleskian
Hallo

On Plesk 12.5 I had a nice solution working, where I created a certificate for my webmail and used it via custom templates for horde.

Last night I upgraded to Plesk Onyx.
Plesk Onyx now can configure certificates for webmail. That's good!
I can select a certificate existing in Plesk. I find all my Let's encrypt certificates in the list.

Unfortunately, the Plesk Let's Encrypt extension offers to create certificates for SERVERNAME.de and www.SERVERNAME.de - but not for webmail.SERVERNAME.de.
So the web browser complains if this certificate is not issued for the webmail domain.

Am I overlooking something here?

The server templates have changed.
I now copied /opt/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/webmail/nginxWebmailPartial.php
to /opt/psa/admin/conf/custom/nginxWebmailPartial.php
and added my self-generated certificates there.

Hi Michael K,

first, I'd like to ask: Did you see answers regarding the Plesk Let's Encrypt Extension and "webmail." as for example at => #4 ?

Second: Yes, Plesk change its templates from time to time for several reasons, which might conflict with custom templates. If you point out, WHAT you changed, people willing to help you might be able to help you with a new customization. ;)

Back