• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved onyx Update ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04 not work

fabian koeppel

Basic Pleskian
I have Onyx 17.0.17 Update 7 ond a Ubuntu 14.04.5

I have read https://kb.plesk.com/en/126808

i make Update whit /opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.ubt14-ubt16.x64.sh

Then the message comes restart and run again /opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.ubt14-ubt16.x64.sh

i restart.

befor i run again /opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.ubt14-ubt16.x64.sh i have test DNS I can resolve DNS to all websites. fine.

i run again /opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.ubt14-ubt16.x64.sh

After some time comes

Downloading file products.inf3: 0%
Downloading file products.inf3: Couldn't resolve host 'autoinstall.plesk.com'. Will retry in 3 second(s)...
Downloading file products.inf3 (retry 1 of 3): 0%
Downloading file products.inf3 (retry 1 of 3): Couldn't resolve host 'autoinstall.plesk.com'. Will retry in 7 second(s)...
Downloading file products.inf3 (retry 2 of 3): 0%
Downloading file products.inf3 (retry 2 of 3): Couldn't resolve host 'autoinstall.plesk.com'. Will retry in 15 second(s)...
Downloading file products.inf3 (retry 3 of 3): 0%
Downloading file products.inf3 (retry 3 of 3): Couldn't resolve host 'autoinstall.plesk.com'

ERROR: Failed to read product information from the file : Can't process products.inf3: Failed to download the file http://autoinstall.plesk.com/products.inf3:
Couldn't resolve host 'autoinstall.plesk.com'

Update breaks

the problem is the server can not resolve DNS. Therefore cancel update.

Can no longer resolve a site. Google.com etc do not work. Internet is however there. Ping to ip works. What do I have to make this problem does not come. Is plesk's fault because its DNS while update is not running? In / etc / network / interfaces I have correct external DNS. But it does not work.

Check your DNS resolvers...try ping any url from SSH and than try ping IP...if you can ping IP but not URL than edit resolvers

Ok i have fiexed the Problem.

befor i Update the files /etc/resolv.conf is available an the correct name Server is in the file.

after run /opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.ubt14-ubt16.x64.sh and reboot the file /etc/resolv.conf is not available. But the DNS resolvers works. i can resolves al Domains.

but i can not creat the resolv.conf file in etc. Ubuntu gif a error.

i have now /opt/psa/bin/distupgrade.helper.ubt14-ubt16.x64.sh run a second time. As in the manual. https://kb.plesk.com/en/126808

i make two ssh Sessions. On the second sessions i check de DNS Resolve During the update. Suddenly DNS resolv no longer work

Update is still running. But now i can make a new /etc/resolv.conf .now ubuntu is no longer an error if I want to create a file. After the create and DNS record functioning DNS resolution again. Nice Update now works. You must to be fast, because update continues and you have to catch the time between DNS error and if the update wants to call external sources. Because only after DNS error can /etc/resolv.conf be written. Bevor gif Ubuntu a error. I think it is a bug in the Updateroutine

after reboot /etc/resolv.conf will new write from system and all entries are correct again whit description text.

Back