• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Open a Specific File or Directory in the File Manager via URL?

Katog Choling

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Linux
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.51_build1800230404.17 os_Ubuntu 18.04
How does one link directly to a specific file or directory in the File Manager via URL?

There are a few directories and files on the server that I'm accessing regularly and each time I have to go through many many click to drill down to these files in the File Manager. Are there URL query parameters that can take us directly in the File Manager where we want to go (ex. https://katog.org:8443/smb/file-manager/list/file/path...)?

I've searched high and low but can't seem to find any information on this.

I don't think this is possible since all calls for the file manager are REST based.

Last edited:
Alas, it seems direct links to directories in the File Manager are possible using the following format:

and direct links that open specific files in the Code or Text Editor seem to be possible as well - though the path is encrypted:

modals%5Beditor%5D=[some_long_encrypted_filepath_string]

Even after logging out and browsing to the encrypted url, it would open the file after logging in.

Great! :)

Back