• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

open_basedir restriction in effect

I

IFeelYourPain

I have disabled it in the php config, but it STILL takes place. I don't understand it and I really need it disabled so I can read logins from my forums and load them to the homepage.

I just want this DISABLED PERIOD! Can someone just give me detailed instructions, I tried all the ones that require me to use shell, but non of them are working.

I just went into SSH and changed the file manually. Then I restarted.

Some of the documentation that I found says to go to Home -> [TLD] -> Setup -> Services and edit the line "PHP support Yes (PHP 'safe_mode' on)" to read "safe_mode off". The problem is that it's not an editable field.

Has anyone else had this problem with 8.2.0?

I was able to get up and running by creating a vhost.conf file but I still want to know if it's suppose to be an edit field on that page or is it just expected that I'll have to create a vhost.conf file for each domain.

To modify the open_basedir path you'll need to create a vhost.conf file. You can only change safe_mode (a different PHP setting) through Plesk.

Back