• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Opening Port 587

B

Beamish

Hello together,

Because of a Mailproblem with AOL i am forced to open Message-Submission-Port 587 in addition to Port 25 to receive mail.

Can anybody give a short information how to open Port 587 in order to work exactly as Port 25 ??

I use qmail and plesk 7.5.3. My server is a rootserver from Schlund und Partner.

Thanks for help.

Marco

It depends on your operating system, but I think the simplest way would be to redirect port 587 to port 25.

Regarding AOL - they have a program you can sign up for where you give them a primary contact for your IP block, and they will forward any mail reported as spam by AOL members, that came from your IPs, to you. I forget the name now, but at least it gives you a chance to stay out of their blacklists by taking care of the issue quickly.

Hmm.. ok ..

but how may i redirect port 587 to 25 ??

This means, that both ports are open for external use, but all mail sent to port 587 would be internally redirected to 25, right?

Marco

Yes that's right, but the way to do it depends on which operating system; FreeBSD uses IPFilter or IPFW, linux uses ipchains or something else (I forget), etc. So it depends on your OS. Although you might be able to do a port redirect using the built-in Plesk firewall control module. I don't know; I haven't really used it :)

I user Linux 9.1 as Server

The idea with the integrated Firewall was fine.

I added a rule to open Port 587 for incoming transfers.

The generated and executed command was:

/usr/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 587 -j ACCEPT

But within the firewall i am not able to redirect complete ports.. only IPs with ports.

Are there any other changes nessessary ??

Back