• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

openSuse Upgrade

Thomas Wilhelmi

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I have an openSuse-Server with 11.4 and Plesk 11.0.9. I would like to upgrade my openSuse to 12.1. I know that Plesk 11.0.9 supports this version. But I'd ike to know the workflow. I'd like to upgrade with changing the repositories from 11.4 to 12.1 and than make a "zypper dup". is Plesk than working after that?

Thanks and best regards.

Thanks for the remark for openSuse 12.2. But the other point doesn't answer my question as far as I understand it. I do not have 2 servers. I just have 1 wich I want to upgrade. Plesk 11 with all fixes is running on the 11.4 openSuse. And this server I would like to upgrade. So do you say I have to deinstall Plesk before I upgrade the openSuse?

I strongly do not recommend you upgrade OS on server where Plesk already running. Consequences may be unpredictable.
If you have only one server I can recommend you create backup of whole server, then create full backup of Plesk. Then you can install fresh OpenSuse 12.2 on server and Plesk. After that you can restore Plesk backup. You can restore backup of whole server at least if all be unsuccessful.

Back