• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Optimizing new server for WordPress and WooCommerce - which webserver setup / PHP setup should I choose? Anything else to optimize?

Elextric

New Pleskian
Hello Community and Staff,

Hoping someone experienced wth Plesk and server management can give me some pointers.
Brand new dedicated server it is a 4 core , but for some reason in Linux tops says it has 8 processors when I press '1' (is that because it is showing threads?)...

Anyway... it has 64GB memory, nVME drive. and 8 threads on the processor...

I want to optimize for WordPress and WooCommerce. I believe NginX will be faster than Apache? If so how should I best configure a brand new server?
Also I was told by someone that out of the box Plesk isn't configured to use full system resources (if you have alot of ram etc) - how to configure so it maximises the memory in the machine and cpu's?

I see the following options under PHP when I am creating my first default package:

s1.png

Should I choose FPM application served by Nginx?

Also I believe NGINX is faster than Apache from what I've been reading... should I use NGINX if I want best performance with WordPress and WooCommerce?

s2.png

I realise this will mean .htaccess files no longer work but I guess that's ok? WordPress can work without .htaccess still?

Any advice on how to optimize clean install for WordPress and WooCommerce page load time appreciated...

Last edited:
Back