• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Our host sais Plesk 10.2 is beta!

Smartnet

Basic Pleskian
Dear all,
our host provides our Virtual Server with Plesk 10.0.1. When we asked them if it's possible to upgrade to 10.2 they informed us that in this case they will not give us any support since 10.2 has a lot of serious bugs and its beta . Is it true or something else is going on?

Yes, it's very buggy. Also, never update to a .0 version.

But Paralles are selling this product!! - By the way , does anybody know if Plesk 10.0.1 supports php 5.3 ?

Plesk doesn’t ship client’s PHP, it only downloads it from original OS vendor repo and it is quite likely it may be outdated there (especially for older OS). If your OS comes with PHP 5.3, then Plesk would run PHP 5.3 for clients.

Plesk 9.x is perfectly wonderful and has lots and lots of features and it pretty stable. As a Plesk Administrator you should realize not to always try and update to the latest version of Plesk .0, it's very hard to find all bugs before a release. Most of the time lots of bugs are fixed after the first release. Plesk 10.2.0 seems to have most bugs than previous Plesk releases, so I'd suggest waiting until 10.2.1 or 10.2.2.

It's really not worth it to always have the newest features. If you'd just update once a 6 months and stick with x.x.2 releases, you'll have no issues whatsoever with updates your Plesk and can realize a very high uptime. I updated a personal server of mine, because I wanted to inspect SNI, but it came with bugs. Thank for there have been micro-updates though.

Thank you all for your usefull information. Finally we've upgraded the php version from 5.1 to 5.3 with Plesk 10.0.1 installed and everything seems fine . Now it's time for another hard job. We have to transfer data from Plesk 9.5.2 to our new 10.0.1. Probably you will see another tread from us soon somewhere else in the forum . :) - P.S. We love plesk and it's interface while our customers have the same opinion too. It would be nice sometime to be not so..afraid of bugs and serious crashes when we want to update it.

Err... You installed Plesk 10.0.1 on a new server? It might not be that easy to import Plesk-backups, it took me quite a while, although I was completely inexperienced with the Pleskbackup backup- and restore tool.

Why not just upgrade Plesk on the server itself? Before upgrading, create a snapshot so you can revert back to pre-upgrade status.

Also, if you want to switch servers anyway. Install Plesk 9.5.2 on BOTH servers. Copy data at that moment. When migration was successful, then upgrade the new server to Plesk 10.x. You won't have problems with different versions of back-ups that way.

Back