• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

outbound w/ postifx spotty

K

KristopherL

Hi folks,
Having trouble figuring out what's wrong here. I changed my Plesk 9.5.2 install to Postfix and ever since then, outbound SMTP has been spotty. From Mac Mail, I get a "Sending the message content to the server failed" when trying to send a message. The only error message I can find on the server is /var/log/messages.log file that says:
"sql_sqlite3 plugin: no result found"

I've followed the fixes found here:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=87584
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=92449

and no luck. Funny thing is, sending is not consistent -- sometimes the mail sends, sometimes it doesn't. This problem is consistent with all domains on the server.

Any ideas?

Main Plesk maillog file /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog should be investigated instead /var/log/messages

Thanks Igor for responding.
I looked at that log file and I don't see anything related to an error or problem.

However I do see messages related to prefork, and I'm wondering that since the problem is intermittent, could it be I don't have enough prefork resources available, or will Postfix queue up messages until resources are available?

Is there anything else I should look at, or just switch back to Qmail?

Did it work correctly with Qmail? Why you have switched it to Postfix?

Yeah, it worked fine with Qmail.
I read here, and elsewhere that Postfix was a) more efficient with system resources, and b) more secure.
But if it doesn't work, that's all out the door, eh? :)

It should work with Postfix as well but it is difficult to say what is wrong there without detailed investigation directly on your server. Therefore I suggest you contact support team if it is really critical for you.

I´m getting the same problem here, i´m using plesk 9.5.4 and CentOS 5.4. Everything is working, the problem is that i got a client who get your email compromissed for some virus, and this virus start to send email, i blocked the domain (domain suspended) and the email continue been sent from my server.

What i need to do to fix this?

Thanks

Back