1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

outbound w/ postifx spotty

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by KristopherL, Sep 9, 2010.

1. KristopherL

KristopherL Guest

Hi folks,
    Having trouble figuring out what's wrong here. I changed my Plesk 9.5.2 install to Postfix and ever since then, outbound SMTP has been spotty. From Mac Mail, I get a "Sending the message content to the server failed" when trying to send a message. The only error message I can find on the server is /var/log/messages.log file that says:
    "sql_sqlite3 plugin: no result found"

I've followed the fixes found here:
    http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=87584
    http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=92449

and no luck. Funny thing is, sending is not consistent -- sometimes the mail sends, sometimes it doesn't. This problem is consistent with all domains on the server.

Any ideas?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Main Plesk maillog file /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog should be investigated instead /var/log/messages

3. KristopherL

KristopherL Guest

Thanks Igor for responding.
    I looked at that log file and I don't see anything related to an error or problem.

However I do see messages related to prefork, and I'm wondering that since the problem is intermittent, could it be I don't have enough prefork resources available, or will Postfix queue up messages until resources are available?

Is there anything else I should look at, or just switch back to Qmail?

4. IgorG

24%
    Did it work correctly with Qmail? Why you have switched it to Postfix?

5. KristopherL

KristopherL Guest

Yeah, it worked fine with Qmail.
    I read here, and elsewhere that Postfix was a) more efficient with system resources, and b) more secure.
    But if it doesn't work, that's all out the door, eh? :)

6. IgorG

24%
    It should work with Postfix as well but it is difficult to say what is wrong there without detailed investigation directly on your server. Therefore I suggest you contact support team if it is really critical for you.

7. m0rpheu5

m0rpheu5 Regular Pleskian

I´m getting the same problem here, i´m using plesk 9.5.4 and CentOS 5.4. Everything is working, the problem is that i got a client who get your email compromissed for some virus, and this virus start to send email, i blocked the domain (domain suspended) and the email continue been sent from my server.

What i need to do to fix this?

Thanks