• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Outgoing Mail Control does not seem to work via webmail

Paris Paraskeva

New Pleskian
Outgoing Mail Control does not seem to work via webmail and numerous times I have spotted clients webmail being used to send out spam with 100 recipients in the bcc filed! Any way to monitor this? Or at least adjust how many ppl bcc filed can take?

Thanks

I am on CentOS dedicated server running Plesk 17.8.1 with roundcube webmail, I do limit to 50 emails per hour all my lints but webs does not abide by the rules!

I think there was a discussion before where it turned out that outgoing mail control does not affect BCC addresses. It's not a thing of webmail, but a general issue that BCC mails are not monitored. In my opinion and of some others this is a bug, but I think the last statement on this from Plesk was that it is intention.

This is baffling to me, is there a different way to monitor and limit outgoing mails? A way that doesn't ignore the CC and BCC addresses.

Back