• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Outgoing Mail Control Limit email message incorrect

WijnandH

New Pleskian
Hello,

The Outgoing Mail Control feature is working fine. One missing option with this feature is to view the contents of blocked messages. Unfortunately, sometimes a site gets hacked and is sending spam. It would be helpful to view the messages, which are over the message sending limit, to try to find out where the message came from.

The current problem is that the email message contents of the limitation warning with subject "Attempts to exceed outgoing limits for domains, mailboxes and subscriptions." is not correct. Somehow it only contains the text: date.timezone = "Europe/Amsterdam" (which is a PHP setting) instead of a descriptive message. I hoped it would contain the blocked message contents or some helpful text.

Can I change the contents of this message to the what is should be? And what should it be?

PS:
It looks like a problem I had ones before where the custom PHP settings at the hosting packages level and at the domains level where replaced with some other kind of settings string. Very weird. But solved by just changing the custom PHP settings.

I found the place where the message text is stored. MySql psa database, table Notes with id 26. The record starting a 25 till 43 all have the string: date.timezone = "Europe/Amsterdam"
It looks like pretty messed up.

Someone an idea what this all should be? Can someone give me a dump of their Notes table?

Hello,

Notification text can be adjusted in Plesk CP
Plesk > Tools & Settings > Notifications > Outgoing mail has exceeded limits > Edit

To set default message you need to click button Default

As for the problem that this notification contains some garbage from php.ini is not clear and needs to be investigated. There is no answer for now. When the reason will be revealed and fixed, the fix will be included to regular Plesk update.

Back