• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Outgoing mail set to UNLIMITED, yet "The limit on the number of allowed outgoing messages was exceeded. Try again later."

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
So strange - I set the domain's outgoing mail limit to UNLIMITED (that tick box) for everything (user,domain,subscription, etc), yet they still can't send mails.. So I tried setting it to 9999999/hour instead, still they can't send.. same error message..

What else can I try?
This must be a bug IMHO.

eventually it worked and the customer was able to send an email. I guess the changes are not reflected immediately (within 15 minutes) ?

This domain was already "unlimited" ticked, yet got these in the mail:
Please be informed,
following customers' domains, mailboxes and subscriptions are reached their limits for outgoing emails for the period:
From Mar/06/2022 13:03
To Mar/06/2022 14:03
Domains
kalfaoglu.com, the limit is Unlimited
7 attempt(s) to exceed limits from Mar/06/2022 13:51 to Mar/06/2022 13:52
18 attempt(s) to exceed limits from Mar/06/2022 13:45 to Mar/06/2022 13:50

That is by design. The messages relate to a certain time range and are not necessarily representing the very moment when configuration has already been changed. They ought to stop no later than 1 hour after the change.

That is by design. The messages relate to a certain time range and are not necessarily representing the very moment when configuration has already been changed. They ought to stop no later than 1 hour after the change.
The limit was set to unlimited for everything, for months. Then I saw the rejections, so I tried to set the limits to 999999 instead. Tried emailing, it still did not accept. It seems even though the check mark for Unlimited is selected, plesk still out some limits m

There are three levels: mailbox, domain, subscription. Have you checked that all three are set to "unlimited"?

There are three levels: mailbox, domain, subscription. Have you checked that all three are set to "unlimited"?

They were ALL set to Unlimited ever since we migrated to this server, about 2 months ago.
That's how they were on the old server, too.

I'm running a PLESK REPAIR MAIL kalfaoglu.com now.. The issue continues! It's still rejecting my mails.
which apparently found nothing
Repairing the mail server configuration
Reconfiguring the settings of domains: kalfaoglu.com ............ [OK]
Reconfiguring the mailboxes ..................................... [OK]

Error messages: 0; Warnings: 0; Errors resolved: 0

Back