• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Outgoing Spam Protection

Sergey L

CTO Plesk
Staff member
Hello,

Looking at a problem of outgoing spam and protecting your servers from being blacklisted, what are the recommended solution you do or would like to see in Plesk 10?

Some options just to start with:
* limit on outgoing mail traffic?
* use exclusive IP addresses for outgoing email (like in the recent topic Sites with Exclusive IP uses main outgoing IP for emails.)?
* mail feedback loop?

I'm surprised this has not been answered before.

Definitely a limit (per minute) for outgoing emails from a particular username or IP. Obviously this could be implemented in a number of ways but I seem to recall that a tarpit patch for qmail exists.

It would be nice to be able to specify an IP for outgoing email, yes.

Please add a way to limit the number of outgoing emails

Yes this is a very bad that we cannot limit outgoing emails! One of our hosting customers was a spammer. Because of their spamming our IP was blacklisted.

We removed the blacklist and suspended the spammer, but during that time our other customers were very upset, their emails weren't being received...and new customers of ours couldn't receive download letters sent from us, it was a terrible problem! Support tickets weren't received, either!

Parallels, please add a feature (like cPanel) where we can limit the number of emails any user can send in a day/hour/etc so we wont have this same problem again.

Thanks!

Hi Igor,

Thank you, there is no pricing for Parallels Outbound Antispam at that link you sent. Is there a link to pricing somewhere? Or can you tell me the pricing? Why is the pricing is kept secret?

Also, do you think there is a chance that Parallels may be soon adding a control to limit the number of outbound emails? That would be a really easy solution for a problem spammer instead of having to buy more add-on software. A field to enter an outgoing limit for users would be nice and simple. cPanel has this and very convenient. Is it coming for Plesk? Or is the reason it's missing to sell more monthly add-ons?

Hi Igor,

Thank you, there is no pricing for Parallels Outbound Antispam at that link you sent. Is there a link to pricing somewhere? Or can you tell me the pricing? Why is the pricing is kept secret?
Have you tried to click BUT ONLINE button? I believe that price should be there.

Back