• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Overwriting core nginx.conf file

Marchiuz

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.4 x86_64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.41.1
I have a need to OVERWRITE (not append, not extend but OVERWRITE - vhost_nginx.conf is not an option, neither is the additional directives in plesk panel) the core nginx.conf file. More specifically, I need to change how php-fpm listener behaves. By default it uses php-fpm.socket file, and this approach not as scalable as a different solution we have found - use tcp port, which made our project be able to handle larger traffic.
Basically, I need to replace this line in /var/www/vhosts/system/domain/conf/nginx.conf
Code:
fastcgi_pass "unix:/var/www/vhosts/system/api.supermatematik.dk/php-fpm.sock";

With this line
Code:
fastcgi_pass 127.0.0.1:9001;

Currently we see three options:
1. Refactor our project to use swoole instead of php-fpm - costly solution
2. Overwrite access for this nginx.conf file so that even plesk can't edit it
3. Move to a different hosting without Plesk because all of these limitation are seriously annoying.

...but a more sensible solution would be much appreciated, thanks.

By default it uses php-fpm.socket file, and this approach not as scalable as a different solution we have found - use tcp port, which made our project be able to handle larger traffic.
Huh? That's strange - a socket should always be faster than a tcp port because it doesn't need a tcp handshake on every connection.
If it isn't, there is something very wrong with the way Plesk's php handles sockets.
@IgorG Maybe this is also the cause for the complaints about slow php in other threads?

Back