• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Overwriting odbc driver permissions after each Plesk update

VojinP

Basic Pleskian
IDK why, but Plesk is overwriting permissions for psaadm and psacln users to DENY on my 3.51 ODBC drivers after each update so I cannot use those drivers with classic ASP pages I have. I need manually to restore permissions each time. Any idea how to stop Plesk overwriting those permissions? Btw, driver is in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\Connector ODBC 3.51 ...

This may happen, if you have installed both 32-bit version and 64-bit version of ODBC drivers.

Can you please check the following:
Go to Windows->Control Panel->Programs->Programs and Features to see the list of installed software.
Please check if you have MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51 twice in the list or not.

Which version of Plesk do you have? Latest 17.8?
solution may differ in Plesk 17.5 and 17.8.

I have only one installation. And We are still using 17.0.17 Onyx.

However, in odbc driver list I found it both in 32-bit and 64-bit sources... but as a 32-bit driver

Ok, I got it. You have installed only 64-bit MySQL ODBC package, which contains both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers. Plesk 17.0.17 ships with 32-bit version of ODBC package, this means that you have probably installed 64-bit package manually from MySQL website. Is it correct?

1) This problem already resolved in Plesk 17.8. (It installs 64-bit version of package and supports both permissions for 32-bit and 64-bit drivers).
2) as workaround in 17.0.17 you can try to use solution from Connection to MySQL database fails: Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 5: Access is denied. (MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver)
After placing additional XML file with rules for both 32-bit and 64-bit driver, Plesk will not reset permissions for this folder during every update.

ok, please report here if it helps or not.

And of course, I recommend to upgrade to latest version. :)

Back