• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question P2V Converted, What now?

Jair Cueva Junior

New Pleskian
Hello guys,

I'm making a P2V Conversion to migrate my physical server to a VM.
Since this conversion method actually clones the whole server, i'd like to know what would be the implications when i turn the second server on.

My goal is to the the first server off and the second on, but i know it's not so simple like that... for example the IP addresses has been changed.

What do I have to do to complete this migration?
Make the Plesk recognize the new IP addresses and update all the DNS's?
Will I have to do something with my License Key?
and so on... i'm pretty sure i'm forgeting something !

Any suggestion is apreciated.

I didn't even know the existence of that tool! It's good to know.

But i'm using VMware and the converter also works fine, i mean, every password is copied, everything because it's cloned by disk sector level.
For my case, i don't need/want to setup a new plesk instalation and transfer the data... they all will be there.

Anyways, i guess my question is more about the License.

My goal is not to run 2 servers or more. My goal is just a upgrade of hardware, you know?

If I turn the new server on and the old one off, will I have to update something in my License or everything concerning License will keep working without any fraud suspect?

Thanks, and thanks for the tip

If I turn the new server on and the old one off, will I have to update something in my License or everything concerning License will keep working without any fraud suspect?
It will work. Do not allow only two servers to work with the same license. The license will be blocked in this case.

Back