• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

{$packagePassword} not correct in Hosting Email template?

hardlink

New Pleskian
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM
Customer and Business Manager 10.3.0 with Plesk 10.3.1, CentOS 5.5

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE
When I create a new customer on CBM, I am able to choose the username and password for the customer.
So if I create a customer called "Bob Man" username "bob" password "Password123" that's fine.

When I create a subscription for "Bob Man" based on "My Hosting Plan" is successfully creates a subscription and syncs it over the Plesk. The problem is that when the system sends the customer an email for the hosting package, the "Login Information" doesn't work. The username is "bob" but the password comes up with something random that is not correct?
The FTP password is supplied (also randomly generated) and works a treat.

ACTUAL RESULT
In Hosting email sent to customer, the section titled "LOGIN INFORMATION" contains the username ("e.g. bob") but the password doesn't work. It looks something like
LOGIN INFORMATION
Plan: Home Office Website and Email
Domain: bobsdomain.co.uk
Username: bob
Password: 7fA480czyrTV

EXPECTED RESULT
I expected the username "bob" and password "7fA480czyrTV" to work on my Plesk panel login for the customer to access his domain.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Instead; the password I chose when creating the customer works for Plesk. This is what I want, but why is the password that I chose for the customer not shown in the Hosting plan email?

Hello, hardlink

Actually CBM creates three login/password pairs for customer's account with hosting subscription.
The first is for logging in to Panel - this login/password customer can type in online store or you as admin can type them in Admin UI. CBM never stores the password from this pair in plain form and can't send it via e-mail. Customer can only use "Forgot password" feature to reset it.
The second is for logging in using FTP - password in this pair is randomly generated during provisioning to Panel and is accessible via placeholder in e-mail
The third is for logging in using SSH/RDP - password in this pair also is randomly generated during provisioning.

I'll consider your issue as a feature request, will analyze it and probably add into plans for the future releases. But for now if you create customer using CBM UI and tool "Add customer", only you as admin know the password. You can change the mail template for less confusion.

Back