• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Pagespeed Mod for Plesk 12.5

karadayi

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I would like to ask if Plesk 12.5 will get Pagespeed Module as Extension? We have a Managed Server and our Hoster will not install not proofed Modules by Plesk.

PS: Does Plesk Onyx has it?

Regards

@karadayi

There are two PageSpeed "modules": one for Apache and one for Nginx (which requires a custom build of Nginx).

Both PageSpeed "modules" are experimental, so there is a reason for your hoster and Plesk to not support these "modules".

However, the good news is that you can use default Nginx, as shipped with Plesk, to configure almost all (valuable) options of the PageSpeed "modules".

In general, it is a good idea to have a Nginx proxy in front of the Apache web server, to reduce the load on Apache.

From that perspective, it also is a good idea to setup specific Nginx directives that allow you to enhance performance, in a similar way like the (Nginx) PageSpeed module does.

Also note that using "bare" Nginx directives (as opposed to using any of the two PageSpeed modules) is not associated with the performance penalty, that is commonly encountered when using one of the PageSpeed modules (note that the PageSpeed modules can really drain the server´s resources).

Hope the above explains a bit of the background.

Regards......

@karadayi

To be honest, the answer to your question

Can you tell me how I can set all the Pagespeed options in Plesk for Nginx?

is that you should not want to enable "all" the PageSpeed options, for many reasons:

- PageSpeed does rely on several external packages, which are not always desirable on your system,
- Nginx directives are limited to the directives included with the default Nginx binary and associated Nginx modules, as shipped with Plesk,
- activating all "PageSpeed options" could lead to an unnecessary performance penalty,

and so on.

Nevertheless, you can have a look on this forum, since many basic Nginx topics are already dealt with.

If you have any specific questions, you can always ask them.

Regards.....

Back