• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Paid help needed for install with cpanel and rvskins

H

HungryH

I have read the posts for cpanel and I'm a bit worried. I have not attempted to do the sitebuilder install yet as I have only just got my VPS and I do not want to mess things up. I am happy to pay someone to do it as long as he/she can get it up and running quickly. Can anyone help?

This is what I have.
VPS
cpanel
rvskins

I would like sitebuilder installed in sitebuilder.mysite.com

I want users to try it out. If they like it they can purchase using whmcs.com (already installed) and then their site is automatically set up. whmcs will create the webspace for the client and then sitebuilder will load the client's newly designed site.

This is the reply I received from SW Soft:

Sitebuilder does not support CPanel, so we cannot guarantee that such installation will work fine. Thus, we cannot perform the installation services either.

I wish they had put this in the requirements so I was aware of the problem before I purchased.

Hmm, interesting.. However, you can try to install by yourself. If problems appeared, try to report them on the forum or to the support. Support must help you anyway if Sitebuilder doesn't work.

Of course, it's better to install Sitebuilder on the clean server to avoid the problems.

Thanks SibP but the cpanel.sh script doesn't work. It gives a runtime error.

Anymore ideas?

I'll see if I can get it. Another problem is that I have a managed VPS where I do not have telnet access. My server management guys are doing the install for me.

I think I need a back up plan if this install does not work. Is it possible to have SiteBuilder installed elsewhere and then when clients want to publish, their sites could be published on my VPS. If that is possible, can anyone recommend an installation host? One important issue would be when clients click on publish, their site would be FTP'd immediately onto my VPS. I'm open to ideas. I just want to get this up and running.

Output of cpanel.sh
----BEGIN
ls: "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec.conf": No such file or directory
cpanel.sh: line 27: ="/usr/local/apache/conf: No such file or directory
----END

The script search for a "Include" and with that does some operations. But the Include it found is the mod_security include.

The script search for a "Include" and with that does some operations. But the Include it found is the mod_security include.
you can manually do everything the script does, it is really simple.

First, run
Code:
sb_config --sb_hostname=<yourhostname>
this will generate zz011_sitebuilder.conf in the default directory (somewhere under /etc)
Then, copy the .conf file somewhere under /usr/local/cpanel (e.g. /usr/local/cpan/sites).
Add the following line in the cpanel's apache config
Code:
Include /usr/local/cpanel/sites/zz011_sitebuilder.conf
Then, reload apache with
Code:
/etc/httpd/bin/apachectl restart

The contents of this file are included in httpd.conf, because so is described in the installation instructions.

The problem is that /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/Login does not exists and no rewrite rule to redirect ro another place.

If you take a look at /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils/sitebuilder.conf (template file), you'll find the bunch of mod_rewrite rules :) You must enable mod_rewrite in your Apache or disable mod_rewrite usage in the SB by setting 'use_rewrite' param to off in /usr/local/sitebuilder/config.

/usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/Login does not exists and no rewrite rule to redirect ro another place.
there is a set of rules in zz011_sitebuilder.conf that implement the required rewriting. On the other hand, you can disable mod_rewrite usage by calling
Code:
sb_config --nouse_rewrite
and see if it helps.

Thanks for all your tips. SWSoft have managed to sort out the configuration. :)

Now, I have a new problem. I have set up a trial plan. I then go to test it by pretending to be a customer and creating a site.

When I click Create Your Site, I get this error:

File: /usr/local/sitebuilder/include/SB/Site/Page/Simple.php; Line: 107
Message: PHP Warning : file_put_contents(/usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/sites/43/430192dca0bd2e8ef3d0fbc0bcfee163/2f78khe1aon.content.html) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory; Code: 2

I checked the directory
/usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/sites/.
It exists but there is nothing in there. Do I need to change permissions on this directory?

HungryH
Do I need to change permissions on this directory?
yes. At least sitebuilder/htdocs/sites, sitebuilder/htdocs/tmp and sitebuilder/tmp should be writtable by apache user (AFAIR cPanel's apache runs under nobody:nobody)

Thanks again.

SWSoft sorted the permissisons out for me.

It all seems to be working. I had a slight problem when I tried to publish a test site. Ioncube was missing and permissions had to be changed for phpsuexec. It now works and I'm just fine tuning it with branding and optional packs. :)

Would you recommend ftp or xcopy for publishing? Does it make much difference?

Do you offer an installation service for this? We operate a cPanel environment with several servers and would like to get Sitebuilder 4.2 working with cPanel.

Thank you.

I recommend you to use publication via FTP, cause publication via XCopy is less secure :)

Back