• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved pam_systemd issue

Dork

Regular Pleskian
pam_systemd(crond:session): Failed to release session: Die Wartezeit für die Verbindung ist abgelaufen
What can I do?

I am certain this is not a Plesk issue. Maybe try a forum like unix.stackexchange.com or Serverfault on this question?

I found this for you, too. It comes WITHOUT WARRANTY, try at your own risk, please. It is purely an operating system task and has nothing to do with Plesk.

The issue can exists due to a high load on boot. It is also possible that during operations the inter process communication gets stuck (for unknown reason). Check /var/log/messages and /var/log/secure for entries that contain "pam_systemd(crond:session)". If there are also entries like "Failed to activate service", try this:

Reload daemons
# systemctl daemon-reload

Then check health status of inter-process communication daemon
# systemctl status dbus.service
# systemctl status polkit.service

If the dbus service is not running, then you need to reboot your system. Dbus cannot be restarted as a service because it is tied to cgroups which are only created at boot. Verify that dbus is running:
# systemctl status dbus.service

If polkit service is not running, start polkit service
# systemctl start polkit.service

If login service is not running, start login service
# systemctl restart systemd-logind
(but probably that is running, else you would not be logged on, right?)

After these steps your system should operate normally again.

# systemctl start polkit.service
Unit polkit.service could not be found.

(I did a CentOS update too)

# yum install polkit
?
But again, it looks as if many things are wrong on the server, because that should be available by default. Please handle this advice with care. No warranty that this won't break anything on your system.

Back